Wednesday 21 August 2013

Flower Power

Goodness! It's a whole week since I last blogged, where does the time go?
I've been really busy with family this week so crafting time has been limited. I have still managed to look at all your blogs though, and there have been some stunning cards from you all to inspire me, so, here's what I came up with...

I thought I would try a different shape card this time, I seem to be stuck in a rut of just grabbing an A5 card blank so it's time to change it up a bit. I looked around the internet and found this centre step card fold, so here it is....

 
 
I also gave myself a bit of a challenge to use the colour 'blue'. It's one colour I tend to avoid using, I think it turned out ok, don't you?
I stamped the image and coloured it using my Promarkers and then gave the petals a coat of Glossy Accents. The oval mats are Spellbinders  Classic Ovals and Floral Ovals Dies. The rest of the card was made up of matted layers of patterned paper from Papermania and lots of silver peel-offs. Oh, and a blue ribbon bow.

Today I would like to enter my card into the Papertake Weekly Challenge - 'Flower Power'.
Take a visit to their page and check out all the creations there and maybe join in yourself, it's great fun.

Enjoy your day,

Lorraine

2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous, love stepper cards and blue and this is so pretty. With my DT hat on thanks for playing at PTW

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, such a beautiful design and pretty shades of blue
Thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this week
Sue xx