Wednesday 30 April 2014

Masculine Birthday

Hi Crafters,
As you've heard me mention before I find male cards a bit difficult but since I discovered this great stamp from Impression Obsession - 'Map' I've had a light bulb moment and made quite a few cards. Some for birthdays and some for Father's Day, which won't be long - 15th June - the rate at which this year is flying by.
Here is the birthday one and I will share the Father's Day card tomorrow,

6 x 6 card blank
Map stamp - Impression Obsession
Ship stamp - Habico Vintage Transport
Paper twine - Tim Holtz
Wave die cut - La La Land
Label die cuts - MFT Die-namics - layered labels
Lighthouse charm from stash
Distress inks
Kraft cardstock
I inked the white cardstock with a mixture of Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks and then when dry I stamped the Map over the top and embossed it with black detail embossing powder. The wave die cut was inked with the same three colours to match and so were the labels layers. I then embossed the Ship stamp in exactly the same way as the map. Added two lengths of TH paper twine and a bronze charm from my stash which I mounted on to the circle mats.
Challenges:
Scribble & Scrap - Anything Goes #17
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes #228
 
Bye for now,
Lorraine


5 comments:

coops said...

fantastic male card lorraine.i love the nautical theme and the stamps are fab :D

xx coops xx

Janette said...

Oh I just love this, perfect 'Man card'.....
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Gina's Cards said...

Oh this is such a fab male card! Love all the stamps and it is such a good idea mounting the charm, it just finishes it off nicely.
Hug
Gina x

Tracy said...

The ship and waves are great additions to the map. They really carry the theme through wonderfully. :-)

Melanie Smith said...

Very creative card! I love the way you used the inks! Thank you for participating with us at "Through the Craft Room Door", Hope to see you again soon. Melanie (DT)