Friday 20 March 2015

Sharing an Oldie this Friday

Hi Crafters,
How is everyone?
Well I feel like I have been run over by a steam roller today, I had a fabulous time yesterday walking round the NEC craft show at Birmingham and buying lots of crafty stash but today I am suffering with a flair up of Fibromyalgia and I ache all over. I've tried taking my mind off it by crafting but I just don't feel up to it, so I thought I would blog instead. I have rather a lot of cards and projects that haven't seen the spotlight yet so I thought I would join in with Erika at Snappy Crafts and post an 'Oldie on Friday'...

 
I used a Marianne Designs Cupcake die and some digital papers for this one, the sentiment is a stamp but I can't remember what set it came from and I haven't got any notes on this card so without looking through all my stamps I couldn't say. The border was made with a Martha Stewart punch and some ric-rac ribbon.
I will definitely be joining in with this weekly post again, it's fun to look back at what you have made in the past and also to see how your style has changed over time too.
Enjoy your day, it's quite sunny here now after the eclipse and the overcast start to the day, hope you are getting some sun too.
 
Lorraine 

18 comments:

Pamellia said...

Fabulous card Lorraine, love the cupcake theme! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, try to relax this weekend and feel better. hugs :)

Unknown said...

Hello you sorry to hear you are not well hope you a a great day yesterday can't wait to see what you have bought take care feel better soon xx

Carol said...

Fabulous oldie Lorraine, so pretty. We had cloudless skies for the eclipse but it's turned quite gloomy now. Hope you feel better tomorrow. Carol x

Erika said...

Hi Lorraine, thank you for joining me in sharing an oldie today and welcome. I know what you mean about craft show visiting, it's great till the following day and all the excitement catches up with you!
A great card you have shared today, I did giggle at the sentiment, it's great. I am a cake girl at heart!
Lovely layering too.

Have a super weekend, hugs and happy crafting,
Erika. x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

That cake and cherry look delicious! x

Doreen said...

Love the fab image and details,just gorgeous.xxx

Linda Levoir said...

Lovely card and fabulous choice of sentiment and papers. So sorry you're feeling under the weather, hope the fibromyalgia settles down for you soon and you can get some relief. Hugs xx

scrappymo! said...

Hope you feel better soon. I know how that aching can set a person back. A day or two to yourself with nothing but relaxation is always good.

Your oldie but goodie is a treat. You have reminded me that I have a cupcake die that has never seen paper!

The rickrack with the MS border and the wee pearl detail is so pretty!

Donna Mosley said...

This is so gorgeous Lorraine, love it! Sorry to hear you're not well hun, hope you feel better soon. Big hugs

Donna x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Lorraine, I hope you feel better soon, it's quite debilitating I understand, just take things easy.
Fab Oldie, love the image and that backing paper, hugs Kate x

Carol S. said...

Sweet card and yummy image. great backing paper too. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Gina's Cards said...

Such a love card, the cupcake looks good enough to eat. Hope you soon feel better!
Hugs
Gina xx

Peanut said...

What a delicious card Lorraine. The image and papers go so well together. Happy Spring and have a fab weekend!
hugs, Asha

Rita said...

Love this card Lorainne. I bet whoever received it loved it too. Hugs Rita xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hope you feel better today. Could we have some pics of what you bought please. Going to Ally Pally next month rather than NEC, going there in November. Fab card, great colours

Kat W said...

It's an oldie but a goodie! Fabulous design, all those cupcakes look yummy!

I'm glad you had a good time at the NEC and hope you feel well enough to play with your new stash soon.
I went yesterday and am currently stuck in the motorway services because of an accident on the M5 so I can't play with my stuff either :-(

And I agree with Marianne - do share some pics of your crafty goodies! I will be sharing once I get home!

Big hugs, Kat xx

pinky said...

Hope everything settles down again Lorraine but glad you enjoyed your crafty day out. Loving this cupcake card, what a great die to have!

Jacee said...

Lovely card Lorraine, very 'yummy'!
hugs Jacee
Sorry to hear that your trip out has made your fibromyalgia, flair up, but maybe worth it 'cause you didn't half get some lovely stash!!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design