Saturday 6 June 2015

Getting Inky

Hi Crafters,
I decided it was time to get my Distress inks out and here is one of the cards that I created. Now that my hands are multiple shades of green and brown I think I'd better invest in some plastic gloves :/
 
Recipe
Image - Sheena Douglas Stamp - The Majestic Oak
Birds - Inkylicious Stamp Set
Sentiment - Woodware Stamp - Kim's Coppice
Distres Inks - Black Soot, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed.
Wood Grain Embossing Folder
EK Success Corner Punch
 
 
I started by stamping the tree and birds and heat embossing them with black EP, masking the moon with a circle of paper and then layering up my inks. I used a wood grain embossing folder for the background panel and stamped and embossed my sentiments. Then it was a simple case of matting and layering to finish.
 
Challenges I'd like to enter:
Cardz 4 Guyz - #73 Birds (if the birds here are too small for the challenge then please delete my entry)
TTCRD - ATG
Brown Sugar - #49 ATG
Sister Act - #109 ATG
Creative Fingers - #82 ATG
 
Please join me again tomorrow for my Christmas Card Club make, see you then,
 
Lorraine


20 comments:

Pamellia said...

Holy cow Lorraine, this is freaking gorgeous!! WOW, I could stare at that scene all day, well freaking done!! hugs :)

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Lorraine, such a brilliant background and beautiful scene.
Pauline
x

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Lorraine this is awesome that is one very beautiful image such a grand looking tree great sentiments, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Jacee said...

And what a wonderful job you've done of it too! it's fabulous Lorraine, you need to get these inks out more often, you certainly have the knack!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Erika said...

Lorraine I love your inky scene, just perfect and the sentiment matches beautifully. Sorry I didn't get your email but you can catch me at info@snappycrafts.co.uk.

Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Marjeta said...

Fantastic work.˝Kapo dol˝,as we say in Slovenia.

Marjeta

Linda Levoir said...

WOW! Love what you did here, well worth getting your hands a little inky for it's gorgeous! :) xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fab scene, looks dantastic, well done. Love the sentiment

Brenda said...

Lorraine, this is an amazing card! I would say green fingers are well worth it, beautiful. Brenda

Marlies said...

Wow this is a beautiful, stylish card!! A very nice design and you've created a fantastic background as well! hugs, Marlies

Julie B said...

You got your fingers inky in a very good cause. This is a fab mix of stamping inking and embossing, I have some surgical gloves for inking but always forget to use them!
Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Lorraine this is gorgeous, wonderful colours and blending and I just love the tree image, very atmospheric. Lovely sentiment, hugs Kate x

Cazro said...

A fabulous scene created. I do like the colours around the moon, your overall inking is wonderful. Thanks for joining in at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Gina's Cards said...

WOW what an amazing scene you have created!!Fabulous colours and great blending. Love the sentiments too!
Hugs
Gina xx

JayBe said...

A great design and what a fab sentiment too. Thanx for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Carol said...

Fabulous inking Lorraine, your card is gorgeous. Guess who got inky yesterday before going to the party!! Carol x

Joan said...

what a fabulous card! love the scene you have created, gorgeous inking and that tree is just amazing! love it

Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

Joan

Kat W said...

I reckon the inky hands were worth it for this stunning card! I love the gorgeous colours and embossing :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Jo said...

Awesome card, love the layout and details.
Thanks for playing along at Creative Fingers this week :)

Tindaloo said...

Wow, love your card, just awesome scene u created ~ I often get messy with my inks too, but have u seen Dyan Revelays hands? LOL!
Show off your inky hands proudly, it is just a sign of a creative mind! :)
Thanks for playing along in challenge #82 at Creative Fingers! Hope you join us again sometime! ♥ Tindaloo